reduces microplastic pollution
The GUPPYFRIEND® Washing Bag is the first pragmatic solution that prevents microplastic fibers from entering rivers and oceans through the washing of synthetic textiles. The broken fibers collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
How to use the Guppyfriend washing bag
1. Put synthetic textiles into the Guppyfriend washing bag.
2. Close the Guppyfriend washing bag and put it in the washing machine. Add other, non-synthetic, textiles and wash as usual.
3. Take the textiles from the Guppyfriend washing bag while they’re still wet.
4. Remove the collected fibers from the inside of the beg by hand and dispose of them in the trash.
Learn more about the Guppyfriend Washing Bag
A large part of our clothing contains synthetic materials. During washing, tiny plastic fibres break and enter rivers and oceans via the waste water and thus harm our environment. This is exactly where the Guppyfriend washing bag comes in. According to the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, on average 86% fewer fibres of synthetic clothing break when washed with the washing bag. The fibres that do break collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
- It reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes.
- It filters the few fibers that do break and doesn’t lose any fibers itself.
- It helps you remember not to dry your garments which protects their integrity and helps them last longer.
- Material: untreated polyamide 6.6
- Size M: 50 x 74 cm (19.7 x 29.1 in)
- 100% plastic-free packaging
Instructions for use
Fill to about ⅔ full so that the textiles can easily move around in the bag
- Add other (non-synthetic) garments to the machine or a second filled Guppyfriend to avoid imbalance
- Wash cold or warm with 104F / 40°c maximum
- Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
- Remove coarse dirt and pet hair before washing
- Close the zipper all the way
Please do not
- Rinse under running water. The collected microplastic fibers would be washed into the environment
- Wash with sharp-edged objects to avoid damaging the material
- Iron your bag. This can damage the filter material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer. It can damage the material and broken fibers can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight to avoid damaging the materials